We are a litigation law firm situated in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The firm serves business and individuals in a variety of areas of the common law in civil matters. We defend clients being unjustly treated, accused or sued and we initiate court actions to obtain justice and compensation.
We counsel clients on a wide variety of legal issues. Our approach is to assist clients to resolve disputes and organize their affairs cost effectively and professionally.
- In 2003, we were retained to sue a pediatrician and a hospital where our clients’ child was born with traumatic injuries. The hospital’s insurer settled the case for $5.5. million.
- In 2004, we sued a hospital on behalf of a client whose body was defaced by an extremely hot water bottle applied to her torso following surgery. The hospital settled the case for a substantial amount, including the costs of plastic surgery.
- In 2005, we were retained by a father whose newborn was unlawfully abducted by the mother to another jurisdiction. We were successful in obtaining the return of the child and full parental rights for our client, including restraining the mother from relocating with the child. Today, father and child enjoy a close and loving relationship.
- In 2006, we were retained by a client on the verge of losing his share of a publishing business to his partners who operated in another jurisdiction and who attempted to extort the business from him. We were successful in obtaining 100% ownership in the lucrative publishing business for our client.
- In 2007, our client was wrongfully accused by his spouse of sexually assaulting their daughter. He was thrown in jail and restrained from seeing his daughter. We got him out of jail, obtained liberal visitation rights to his daughter and eventually settled the case. He now has sole custody of his daughter.
- In 2008, we were retained to sue a client’s former lawyer who was negligent in providing him with tax advice. We obtained a substantial settlement from the lawyer’s liability insurer.
- In 2009, a couple who owned a Carribean bar were wrongfully arrested, detained and prosecuted in a case involving racial profiling by the police. We successfully defended our clients showing that the police were manufacturing evidence and the clients were acquitted.
- In 2010, we obtained a substantial judgment on behalf of a client whose reputation was injured by defamatory comments made to his employer.
- In 2010, our client retained us to restrain her sister from absconding substantial sums of money from the disabled mother’s bank account. We were successful in obtaining the return of all of the funds.
- In 2011, we settled a case on behalf of a client whose employment was wrongfully terminated.
- in 2011, we obtained an interlocutory and then a permanent injunction on behalf of our client carrying-on business in another jurisdiction, against a company who’s product did not meet the implied fitness for purpose. We settled the case for a substantial amount.
*Past results are not necessarily indicative of future results and the amount recovered and other litigation outcomes will vary according to the facts in individual cases.